Gather around the stories of Christians who face persecution, share in the love of Christ, and learn about thought-provoking and inspiring responses to persecution around the world.
We Respond is a seven-session learning series for high school classes, adult groups, and others who wish to engage both intellectually and reflectively in faith with the reality of religious persecution today. How do Christian communities respond? How will you?
Adult Study Series
This adult version allows Bible studies, church groups, and lay/parachurch organizations to encounter Christ in the stories of persecuted Christians.
High School Classroom Unit
This high school version allows students to engage UCS findings and stories in a more formal classroom setting.
- Welcome and Introduction
- Session 1: Overview: Discipleship and Persecution
- Session 2: The People of God in Exile
- Session 3: The Paschal Mystery of Christ
- Session 4: Witness & Martyrdom in Church History
- Session 5: Human Dignity and Rights
- Session 6: Responses of Forgiveness
- Session 7: Responses of Solidarity
- Our Responses: Six Ideas for Action
With any questions, suggestions, or comments about the We Respond study series, please contact program manager Kristi Haas (email@example.com).